Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

Painted boxes for Christmas

Christmas snuck up on me in 2017. More so than previous years. I decided some time back that I wanted to make gifts for my family this year rather than buying things. I chose to get little (and not so little) wooden boxes and custom paint each one to suit the individual it was being gifted to.

I got the boxes at a great price point. It was so great that I had to do some light sanding before I could prime them. Each box got 2 coats of primer before being painted.


Sanded


Primed stack



Primed insides

In progress

Waiting for shellac to dry

Coming up next is a series of posts, one for each individual box.


Links to each post in the series:

Blue Polka Dots - Gift Box
Renaissance Colours - Gift Box
Trendy Colours - Gift Box
Brampton Fire and Emergency Services - Gift Box
The Sun - Gift Box
Parisian Chic - Gift Box
Stark Direwolf - Gift Box

Red Ferrari - Gift Box