Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Nov 6, A Warm Fall Day


Today I stepped out around noon to run some errands in the neighbourhood. It's November so of course I'm bundled up and braced for cold wind. Today it was a surprisingly warm wind! I think it's 15 celsius out there. (It is, I just checked the weather.)

It's just the time of year when the leaves are falling, and the wind is pulling them down. Today's wind lifted billows of golden leaves, rolling them through the streets and across the sidewalks, creating bright cyclones swirling through intersections. Trucks and buses and cars left floating golden waves in their wake. It was remarkable.

The oak trees in the neighbourhood have held onto their leaves much longer than some of the other trees. They're now a rich pumpkin colour and are just stunning. I'm afraid these photos don't do them justice.

The wind was enthusiastic and blew the trees with great affection. I stood below one for a few minutes enjoying the spectacle and beauty.

I meandered home and recalled a very different, rather cold and wet day a few days ago.


On this day the grass was carpeted with bright colours. I could hardly pull my eyes away and continue on.


And when I lingered long enough, I was rewarded with noticing the perfect rain drops on the backs of these red maple leaves. I was so enthralled with the rain drops that it took a friend to point out how beautiful the delicate red veins are on the silver backs of the leaves.

The sky today is an ever changing wonder. So many clouds are sailing through on the voluminous wind.
These two photos were taken a few minutes apart while standing at the same spot. And I swear to you the view from my desk has changed again and again and again since then. Right now I can think of little else as rewarding as watching the sky change.