Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Jamaican flora

Mr. P and I spent a delightful week in Jamaica celebrating my birthday and our anniversary. We both enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and are looking forward to visiting this particular resort again.

I took the usual sorts of art supplies with me (pens, pencils) and instead of carrying watercolours, I purchased a new pack of dual-tipped brush markers. Each one has a regular marker on one end and a brush on the other. The pack was rather brightly coloured and I thought it would be a good challenge to get away from my usual black/blue + white. 


Hawaiian Ti Plant. Oct 2017.


My first few tries with the markers were a little sloppy, as expected when getting to know a new medium. Shortly thereafter, I found my groove with them. Each day I would draw at least one plant. As I got more proficient with the markers, I was able to do more detailed drawings, and more than one in a single day. I had a lot of fun with those markers and look forward to using them again...preferably in Jamaica. 😊 🌞 🌴

I've posted these in chronological order so you can see my proficiency improve. As I got better with the markers and faster at drawing, the drawings themselves got larger on the page. Towards the end I was spending perhaps 2 hours on each one.






Distant Tree. Oct 2017.


Bough Of The Sea Grape. Oct 2017.


Multicoloured Croton. Oct 2017.


Bough Of An Almond Tree. Oct 2017.


Ginger Lily And Leaves. Oct 2017.


Bromeliad. Oct 2017.


Bird Of Paradise. Oct 2017.