Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Guilt & Excitement

Two feelings I felt a lot before, during, and after leaving my job....and seemingly career...were guilt and excitement. I'd feel excited about all the new possibilities open to me and immediately feel guilty about doing this crazy thing right smack in the middle of my prime earning years. 


Guilt & Excitement

Since I spent so much time with these two, I may as well offer them a visual form. Turns out they are two peas in a pod: same size, same shape, pretty cute, usually in the room at the same time. Although this drawing is monochrome, I'm quite clear about their appearance. 

Guilt is a dull grey, his eyes are sad and have deep bags beneath them from excessive worry. He has no mouth with which to voice his concerns. Rather he just stands there and looks at me with his sad, droopy eyes.


Guilt

Excitement, on the other hand, is a sparkly cobalt blue. She's sparkly and twinkly and generally fabulous. She is always smiling and laughing, and when she opens her mouth iridescent bubbles float out. 




For months these two were my constant companions.